Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Website (“Users”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Any username and password information provided for Website registration and login.
- Your name, contact and other user profile information you may provide (e.g., address, phone number, email) when registering on the Website or joining YTB as a member.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you provide to post to the Website, along with any information you provide about yourself and the content.
- Communications between you and YTB. For example, we may send you Website-related emails (e.g., account verification, updates regarding the Website, technical and security notices). Note that you may not be able to opt out of certain Website-related e-mails.
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Website, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Website. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Website. It can also be provided when the content of the Website is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can indicate how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Metadata associated with certain types of User Content, such as pictures, may also include location information about where the Content was recorded (i.e., geotags).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Website;
Develop and test new products and features;
Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
Diagnose or fix technology problems.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside YTB without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, metadata and usage data) with third-party organizations that help us provide the Website to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture) that you voluntarily share or disclose for posting to the Website becomes available to the public.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which YTB or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
YTB or its Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or a user account. However, YTB cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to YTB or guarantee that information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any unique password and non-public information that you provide, and for controlling access to emails between you and YTB, at all times. Your information may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to YTB make to their services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Website-related communications (e.g., account verification, updates regarding the Website, technical and security notices).
- Learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information.
How long we keep your User Content:
YTB does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact YTB using the Contact page.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can also reach us by mail or phone as follows:
Yes The Bronx
4530 Delafield Ave.
Bronx, NY 10471
Tel: (718) 796-9896